The most important aims of FETEN are to:
- Showcase the Spanish and European theatre
scene for young audiences, allowing the spectator to see and enjoy the
wealth of the world of theatre.
- Encourage exchanges of projects,
experiences and production deals between professionals in this field.
- Provide, for programmers and companies, a meeting place which year by year will consolidate its role as a European distribution centre for the sector.
- Furnish the optimum conditions for companies to show their creative and professional work to programmers, distributors and the public.
- Help programmers to structure their selection of entertainment in accordance with their venues and theatrical facilities.
- Foster the awareness and understanding of a respectful, critical and rigorous public, offering the option for children to be spectators of the premières and newest creative propositions presented by the most prestigious companies.
- Be a sounding board and channel for communication and information on everything that is happening in the theatre and the performing arts for children in Spain.
- Promote social consideration and recognition of the work of professionals in the performing arts who produce and perform research in this field for younger audiences,in Spain.
- The overall intention
is to open up communication and information channels for everything that is
going on in the performing arts for children in Spain and Europe and to serve
as a specialized reference centre carrying out all these tasks and supporting
growth in this profession.